Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Having A Terminal Pop Up Automatically After Logging In on Linux Mint

So today I wanted to learn how to have a terminal window show up when I log in to my Linux Mint 17 account.  After asking on the Linux Mint forums I got an answer that worked.

What the user said to do was find the path that the terminal resides in.  The command the user gave me was

ls -l /usr/bin/*terminal
This will show you where the terminal is located and the terminals name.

On Linux Mint 17 xfce you go to Session and Start Up >> Application Autostart and Add the entry.

Name: Terminal (is what i called mine)
Comment:  Open a terminal window (for me)
Command: /usr/bin/xfce4-terminal (for me)
Close the windows and restart.  A terminal should pop up when you log in.

No comments:

Post a Comment